SPIN (the system for professional immigration networking) (henceforth referred to as “SPIN”) is a networking platform designed to facilitate communication and interaction between industry professionals and acknowledged leaders in the immigration market.
SPIN promotes business liaisons between immigration services providers and agents who deal directly with end customers. As a result, SPIN members gain new partners and clients, and target destinations, broaden the scope of their services, and boost sales.
SPIN is owned and operated by ILP Group
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you of the types of personal data SPIN collects, uses, stores or transfers and why.
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email, title, phone number, profession.
What information does SPIN collect and why?
SPIN collects contact information necessary for the management of associations, building databases, facilitating B2B communication.
The most common types of information that we collect include: names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, profession, qualifications, survey responses, photos, copies of Passport or ID, quotes, etc.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
- To meet SPIN’s contractual obligations:
- To facilitate and process transactions that take place on our websites, such as when you register for a conference;
- To process your membership and give you access to your membership entitlements.
- To meet the legitimate interests of you and our third parties:
- To invite you to a conference hosted by an association which you have expressed interest in;
- To ensure you are not omitted from receiving information about specialist events.
- When you give us consent:
- Publishing your name in the delegate list on the website and in the program book and other printing marketing materials
- Sharing your personal information with exhibitor and sponsors of the conference.
- For the purpose which may be required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
How does SPIN collect personal information?
SPIN collects personal information directly when you provide it to us through our Site and/ or through our co-operation agreement.
What information is collected from third parties?
Conference host organizations may share membership lists and previous congress delegate lists with SPIN to allow SPIN to inform you of the upcoming conferences.
Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
We may disclose personal data to the following parties:
- SPIN Group companies;
- Host organizations;
- Contractors - who support SPIN in our provision of services;
- Payment processors - to allow payment to be made;
- Abstract handling specialists – to manage the abstract submission and review process;
- Marketing software – to provide you with information about the conference and association;
- Exhibitors and sponsors – to whom you specifically consent to share your data with.
We do not share your information between clients. For example, if you sign up for a conference hosted by one association, we would not share your information with other clients organizing other conferences, even if the subject matter was similar.
Where do we transfer and store your personal information?
SPIN has offices in The United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and so your data will be processed in these countries. We may disclose your information to recipients outside of where we have offices such as to the country where the conference takes place, or where our contractors reside such as Monaco, Russia, China, Ukraine, India, France and other countries. We are careful to work with third parties who maintain appropriate standards of data security compliance.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and sometimes hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in Canada, US and the UK. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by access controls, such as username and passwords, access granted to only those with a need to know and encryption where possible.
What are your Marketing options?
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists, registered for one of our conferences, or have indicated that you are interested in receiving information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about events that you have previously expressed an interest in. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself. You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
What if you have previously shared information with others?
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to SPIN processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by selecting “unsubscribe” to any emails that you receive from us, or by emailing [email protected].
How long does SPIN keep your data?
SPIN will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you, and to comply with our legal obligations. We retain your information generally until the next cycle of conference, so that we are able to inform you of its occurrence. If you no longer want to hear from us you can use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of any marketing email. You may also request a listing of personal data held or for that data to be edited, or erased by emailing SPIN privacy officer at the contact details below.
If you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by SPIN or its partners, you have the right to complain to SPIN privacy officer at [email protected].